Did you know coffee can help you lose weight? Just another reason to drink coffee.
As if I really need one!
I was doing more reading on the benefits of coffee. I wrote last year how coffee can help us health-wise; well, here are a few more reasons to indulge in this amazing, dark gift of God.
So what does coffee have to do with weight loss? Here are just a few quick examples.
- When consumed before exercise, can work to turn fat cells to be used as an energy source as opposed to glycogen.
- The high amounts of caffeine in black coffee will increase your metabolism, which makes you burn more calories throughout the whole day. Drinking coffee before exercise first thing in the morning enhances the weight loss effect all day long!
- Coffee increases microcirculation causing more blood circulation in the smallest blood vessels, present within organ tissues. This helps them work more effectively and do the work needed to enhance health and weight loss.
- Coffee reduces pain caused by an intense workout.
- It can increase endurance. This can allow for a longer workout and more calories burned.
- Along with more endurance, it helps in muscle preservation allowing you to build muscle instead of fat.
If all this isn’t enough, coffee has actually been shown to improve memory. As I get older, this in itself tips the scale in its favor. (As if I needed a reason)
Which reminds me, time to refill this coffee mug. I may even do a push-up or two.